Wednesday, July 13, 2011

day 6 after ... Look Good Feel Better

Look Good Feel Better


...


...

07/11/11
6 days after
Look Good Feel Better
Today I was scheduled and noon to be at the Look good Feel Better class that the American Cancer Society puts on for any and all cancer patients. Kris Gray and I went to the class and had so much fun listening to other women who have been threw their journey and battles with cancer. The class is a great way to lift your spirits and interact with others that are going through a battle like you are. Another way to show you are not alone. You are given a kit and in this kit are skin and make up products that were donated to you from all different companies. I was so amazed at all the kits. Each one was different as each one of us is differant. We each were able to take wig also if we wanted. So I took another wig and will donate all wigs when I am done. I actually like this one more than the one I got from the cancer closet. As Kris and I got on the elevator Jannaugh (probley spelt that wrong sorry) a lady from the class had started asking me about my surgery and didn’t realize I was only 6 days out of surgery. She had been doing radiation and chemo then will do a double mastectomy and reconstruction. Which we are just reversed in the process. It felt good to be able to tell someone some of the warnings before surgery as I didn’t have anyone warning me I wouldn’t be able to do certain things. Like wipe myself or more your arms from the elbows to our shoulders. So it was nice to pass on some of the things I had learned and prepared for. This class really brought out such a positivity in me looking at these other women and feeling the I can Kick cancers ass attitude.
I was beat the rest of the day but it was really worth it.
If you know anyone who is going threw a battle of cancer and you feel they can benifit from this class please contact the americian Cancer socitey and ask for the local Look Good Feel Better class. They are nation wide classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment