Friday, June 24, 2011

hair cut & wig shopping

06/24/11
Well today's the day ....
Hair cut & wig shopping




....

....
Am I really gonna do this????????
Yeppers full speed ahead baby!
.....

....
close up of my haircut
....

Danika and I after she cut my hair. One amazing lady!
....

....
Kris & i went to the americian Cancer Society and this is the only wig there that was half way wearable. So I took it and figure I can play around with it and if it don't work out I can donate it back. They also gave me a scarf, 2 turbans, and two mini pillows to use under my arms to help relieve pressure from stitches. Plus she gave me more info. and this one place who does make up for you. I'm so stoked! It's a two hour class they teach you about what chemo. does to your hair, nails, and face. I was told they give you product to work with after chemo.
all these places are amazing and so help someones confindence it's amazing!
....


....
my favorite wig out of shopping today but it costs a small fortune $275.00
Is it sad when the store does a wish list? LMAO
I need to take out a small loan from some where

I was kind of freaked out as I explained to Nater I was just gonna cut my hair off before I go in to surgery. He didn't understand why. I keep explaining that if I have checmo. I'd rather be in control of losing alittle hair then losing a lot of hair to chemo. He kept saying there's that what if small chacnce you won't need chemo. well then I have a better chance of growing my hair out all one length this way. So when I actually came home from all the running around today I thought he's flip when he saw my hair. Did he???????
Nope of course not. He just reached over and gave me a noogie.
Gotta love that guy.
I honestly don't think I could love him any more but each day, he makes me!

2 comments:

  1. Jill, I promise it will be so much more tolerable emotionally if it's short. I love both wigs. I think it should be pink, though. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah he is pretty great! Had fun with you today. Those were the worst pictures ever! You look great in a wig...me not so much. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete