Sunday, January 29, 2012

Jan 10, 2012 - Jan 29,2012

Jan 10th My breast reconstruction surgery .
surgery started at 7:30am and finished at 11:45am suposta be a 2- 2 ½ hr surgery
Today I got my extender implants out and the saline implants put in and liposuction done where they had left what we called boob 3 & 4. I woke up in so much pain I remember crying so hard and she said I was yellin “owwwwiiieee” the nurse told me that I had to calm down before she could bring Nathan back to me. 45 minutes she tried getting me comfortable, stop crying and to get the pain under control. She finally brings Nater back and she is tellin me if I can drink one full glass of cranberry and sprite mix and eat 1 two pack of crackers and a jello and keep it down then I can go home. I drink the cranberry drink and asked for water as it was too sweet ( yeah to sweet for me STRANGE ) I’m in a ton of pain and she is still tryin to push meds for that. My surgeon walks in to check on me because of the pain was not under control. I had to pee so bad I asked if I could go to the bathroom with Nate’s help this time. I had already had to use the bedpan once cos they wouldn’t let me out of bed then .She asked me to hold on a few minutes but I’m ready to explode I have to pee so bad. They had discussed pushing more meds and so the nurse grabs them and is pushing them as I ask her for a puke bucket. She looks at me says you don’t need to puke do you I just repeated you have a puke bucket and she states you’re awefully white all of a sudden and she hands me this round blue bag maybe a 6 inch circle thing to puke into but she is holding it up to my mouth flat like straight out and I’m tryin to tip it so its around my mouth like you would drink out of a cup. She tipped it back the other way and I projectile puke so bad it went past the end of the bed and hit the floor. Then it came up in droves. As my surgeon was standing at the nurse’s station and looking over her shoulder at me and says I haven’t seen anything like that in my life besides in the movies hold on honey I’m getting you meds right now for that. They pushed a ton of things into my iv as I sat in puke, and pee. Yes I peed the bed OMG ! They took off the gown and she tried cleaning me up with a wet wash cloth and wraps a sheet around me brings a wheel chair puts a clean sheet in that. Then the nurse and Nate help me into that. I’m wheeled to the bathroom where I get to go finally, well ok I get to go again. She also brought my clothes to me so I could get ready to go home. I’m still in a ton of pain and very nauseated. Nate wheels me back to my lil room and it’s all cleaned up by the time we got back. I explain I have puke down the front of my ace wrap and I will not be able to handle that so they will have to change it . The nurse tried tellin me its ok and she can’t change it it has to be done by the surgicially nurses. Nate and I at the same time told her well you better go find one cos I’m not gonna be able to handle it. Specially with my sensitive nose. She said she will see what she can do. She comes right back with two surgical nurses, the two that were in my surgery suite with me they say. They cut the wrap off of me and rewrap me up after cleaning it all back up. The tricky part was having to deal with the drains on each side and rewrapping . My doc comes back once more before going into surgery again to check on me they push nausea and pain meds to get me home she said since it’s a drive home. I had to drink some water then I was released. Straight home and to bed Oh it sucks having to sleep at least above a 45 degree angle. Which means the recliner not totally reclined , with the tv pillow with arms on it in bed, or the couch and a ton of pillows. Then the drains OMG I HATE THEM DAMN THINGS! Once I have less then 20cc of drainage form each drain in a 24 hr period then I can call and get them taken out.

Jan. 13,2012
I had 20 ccs on each side of drainage on each side so they got me an appt to see the surgeon to have the drains taken out. We drive clear over to sunnybook , Clackamas, Or. Only for my surgeon to tell me the lipo areas look worse then what she expected and she wants me to stay bound up and the drains to stay in till Jan 17th. I was so upset because they hurt and I’m sick and tired of the damn drains I balled all the way home. Also very upset with the implants size them selves. She did 1000cc’s on my right and 940cc’s on my left. Kaiser only allows 800cc’s but she said she did a little more for me. Doc explained that they took out all my chest tissue my first surgery. Sometimes they leave some in there, but in my case they didn’t. My boobs are so small from what I was told and expected.
My drains would be 40 cc – 20 cc sometimes twice a day so I guess it was a good thing we kept them in longer. Even though I cussed and swore at them all the time I had them.
Jan 17th
I went and got my drains out OMG these drains hurts o bad to get removed. They were even tucked up under my damn implants so she had to pull really hard which hurts and when she yanked them I felt my implant move up and the drains pull out. I did this not medicated which was really STUPID! So I balled once again with each drain and then some more afterwards that pain was horrible. She was amazed at how much I was bleeding from the drain sites after they were pulled so she stuck a lot of gauzed and taped it down on the sites.
I had a CAT scan to have done to my lower back at Sunnyside hospital so I went and had that done right afterwards.
By the time I got home I had completely soaked the gauze with blood from my right side. I had to redo a ton of gauze and tape it up as soon as we got home. Then once again before bed I had to redo it again. By the next day when Nate got home it had finally slowed down and started to scab over.
I don’t sleep well due to having to sleep sitting up to some degree, and my butt hurts from sitting all the time. I’m really weak , and very tired. I can’t sleep on my sides either uuugh this sucks !
I am able to take the wrap off for a little bit each day but the lipo areas need to have compression but when I’m wrapped it hurts to breathe cos my ribs are compressed too. I am very upset with the outcome of my implants. None of my shirts, or bras fit. I honestly think I’m depressed about it . It’s a daily reminder of the shit I have been through and NOTHING went right not one thing. I always looked at it as a positive getting my implants but now it’s a daily bad reminder.




No comments:

Post a Comment